Hawaiian Notebook

I recently made up a little notebook for guests at a friend's bridal shower to write encouraging words in. Since I didn't have any notebooks to cover I did this one from scratch! It was a bit of a challenge having never done any tropical-themed creations before but I had a lot of fun.

The flowers are stamped on watercolour paper and coloured in with Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and a touch of Early Espresso. Blender pens make a novice look like a pro don't you think! Ahh, so deceptive! I also added some shimmer paint to give it a bit of glow.

I didn't photograph the inside but the pages are made of Naturals Ivory cardstock with a layer of stamped Calypso Coral at the front and back. And apologies for not-so-good photos taken inside at night...



Needless to say I had wonderful feedback from the bride-to-be and the book (well, the words in it really) has already become something very special to her. In a little while I'll be able to post some of the photos of decorations I've been doing for her wedding. In case you're wondering about my lack of posts, there are many celebrations coming up and you'll get to see everything before Christmas! Hmm, Christmas, just 10 weeks away.

No comments